Hello from In and seeking advice!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justlaura

Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Hello from the frozen state of In.

I have about 13lbs of butt I will be smoking in my Perfect Flame smoker.

I want to do an authentic NC rub with an Eastern NC and Western NC style bbq sauce on the side.

I have 'books' with recipes.......but was hoping that someone from the great state of NC could guide me with a good recipe for a rub and the sauces!

Thanks so much!
Laura

Hi Laura and welcome to the board. I just did 12lbs of pulled pork about a week ago. I used Jeffs rub which you can buy on the site here and it is fantastic. It also helps support the board. You can also find alot of ideas under the rubs and sauces forum here on the board.

I strongly suggest you make the finishing sauce with it. The recipe is listed under the Pork forum and it is a sticky. This finishing sauce is what put my pulled pork over the top.
Good luck!!
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Hi Laura
Welcome to SMF - be sure to stop by Roll Call and introduce yourself.
If you go to the pork section there are tons of posts of different rubs and finishing sauces to choose from. Good luck and be sure to post some Qview

A Carolina BBQ Rub

[font=&quot]This is a fantastic, classic-style Carolina barbecue rub recipe. Try this rub next time you want to make a traditional Carolina Pulled Pork. [/font]
[font=&quot]Prep Time: 10 minutes[/font]
[font=&quot]Ingredients:[/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 tablespoons salt [/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 tablespoons sugar [/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 tablespoons brown sugar [/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 tablespoons ground cumin [/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 tablespoons chili powder [/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 tablespoon cayenne pepper [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/4 cup paprika [/font]
[font=&quot]Preparation:[/font]
[font=&quot]Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well; use as a dry rub on beef, chicken, lamb or Pork.[/font]

I would recommand just 2 rubs here. The first is jeff's (the site owner) his rub and sauce recipes are here for sale and yes they are that good. Then the other ine would be SooterRicks snake bite rub or just look in the rub, marinade section here and you'll fine all his stuff their good too.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky