Hello from Illinois

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by ted, Oct 14, 2006.

1. ted

ted Fire Starter

Hi, newb from Illinois, just got into smokin this past year. Messed around with chips in my grill, then decided I needed to get a smoker. I have a Weber Smoky Mtn now, and sometime in the future I'm sure I'll want something bigger, but this is good for now. I sell cookies for a living and for a hobby I homebrew. I figure what is better than smoked meats and good beer, oh and a good cigar!! :lol:
    Cheers, Ted

2. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Hello Ted and welcome to SMF!!! You might want to consider taking a look at the 5-day eCourse. Lot's of good information to help get you up to speed. I look forward to hearing about your adventures with your WSM. It is a cooker I think I would like to experiment with in the future.

3. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Ted!

Glad you are here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The friendly folks here at SMF will be glad to make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

4. illini

illini Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome Ted from a fellow Illinoisian.
    I am south of Springfield
    You will be helped here for sure!

5. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

yo ted,
    this missouri boy welcomes you to smokers heaven ,
    thats SMF

6. smokemack

smokemack Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome Ted, good to have you with us. You can't beat the three, can you?! Enjoy the forum.

7. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome again Ted, you'll find us to be a great big happy family, so kick back open a cold one and join in!!

8. ted

ted Fire Starter

Thanks guys! Since joining SMF, I have been reading quite a bit, lots of good stuff here! There's quite a few recipes that I need to make, with Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans at the top of the list and SoFlaQuers Chili soon to follow! Anyway, thanks and I look forward to learning and contributing!!

9. veener88

veener88 Smoke Blower

Welcome. There is a lot to get down and it is a lot of fun. I am in IL also up in the northern part.

10. joed617

joed617 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF Ted, Remember the 3 B's Barbeque, Beer and Blues.

Joe