Hello from Gilroy California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porkbone

Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Gilroy CA
Hi All,

I've been checking out this site for a while and decided to join. Looks like a good group on here.

I'm not really new to smoking, but want to learn as much as I can. Got some St. Louis Style ribs on the smoker as I type.
biggrin.gif

Roger

Welcome to SMF! Maybe you can share some Qview of your smokes? Keith

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm using the Imperial Kamado smoker.

Here's a pic of my smoker:

qview-tbs-1.jpg

The ribs got a few hours to go.

Roger

OK, Ribs are done, so here is my first Q-View:

Ribs ready to go on the Q. They were in the fridge all night with some rub.

qview-ready-to-go-on.jpg

Here they are on my kamado:

qview-just-on-Q.jpg

Here they are just off the kamado:

qview-just-out.jpg

Here they are on my plate:

qview-just-out-on-plate.jpg

Now time to enjoy.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Roger

welcome porkbone,how's the garlic capital of the country-boy do I miss the smell there-you gonna have lotsa fun here.

Thanks desertlites. We try to attend the Garlic Festival at least once every year. Gotta love the calamari.

Roger

Hi, I just bought an Imperial Kamado that looks very similar to yours at a yard sale.  What kind of thermometer are you using and do you hang it from the top, as you can probably tell I don't know much yet but willing to learn.  One more question how long did you cook your ribs for, they look great.  I think having a thermometer would help me tremendously.  Thank you.  Dolores

Hi Dolores, and welcome to our forums.

You've posted this question in a very old thread (over 5 years ago).  You will have more success getting answers if you search or browse the charcoal smoker forums.  And since this looks like your first post here, when you get the chance you oughta drop by in the Roll Call Forum to introduce yourself and get a proper SMF welcome from other members.

Good luck!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky