Hello from Fulton County, PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Four miles off the McConnellsburg Exit of the PA Turnpike.

Other than McConnellsburg the next closest bigger towns are Chambersburg to the east and Bedford to the west.

I am about 1.5 hours north of bedford, state college area.

You're just up the road. This is my first night on the forum so all of this is pretty new and interesting. Evidently, you have been around this place for awhile if the "Master of the Pit" means anything.
drool.gif

Let's just say I have been cooking for a bit. I post alot of cooks and talk alot. Lol. You will like it here. Good folks and great info.

Welcome 
beercheer.gif
  So are you down by Burnt Cabins, over toward Maddensville, up by Hustontown or are you sorta situated around the Knobsville area?  
icon_lol.gif
  I was born in Fulton County at the old band aid station...

I cook on a Cabelas Electric/Wood/Charcoal cooker and a 275 gallon propane/charcoal pig cooker. The pig cooker is new and I'm still working out the kinks. Having a little trouble balancing the heat but I think it's just getting used to controlling the venting.

You've zoned in on me. On the back side of the ridge behind Knobsville. I'm not a native so not familiar with the band aid station. Help me out here.
drool.gif

The band aid station was the old Fulton County Medical Center - the hospital in McConnellsburg. It was basically just a layover point - I know people who went there with simple broken arms etc (nothing bad like a compound fracture) & they sent them to Chambersburg or Washington County 
eek.gif
  The new one now at the end of Peach Orchard Rd is supposed to be up to date...

The band aid station was the old Fulton County Medical Center - the hospital in McConnellsburg. It was basically just a layover point - I know people who went there with simple broken arms etc (nothing bad like a compound fracture) & they sent them to Chambersburg or Washington County 
eek.gif
  The new one now at the end of Peach Orchard Rd is supposed to be up to date...
Yea, it's a really nice facility they have there now. Where do you hail from now?

Let's just say I have been cooking for a bit. I post alot of cooks and talk alot. Lol. You will like it here. Good folks and great info.
C Farmer...I have a question. Being's you've been around here for awhile...how does one stay on top of reply to one's posts? Is there some way I can receive an alarm, or beep to one of my posts or replys?  I like to be searching around but I have been finding that when I come back to a post I see someone has replied. If I was notified some way I could reply quicker.  Help
confused.gif

Last edited:
Sounds good. I'm going to try the Apple Smoked Chicken on a Pie Plate this weekend if I get time. Hope to surprise the wife with a moist smoked bird.

Hey, that corn cob sounds interesting. I think I'll try it. As a matter of fact I'm just getting ready to make some corn cob jelly in the next week or two. Have a bunch of field corn cobs just waitin' to be cooked.

C Farmer...I have a question. Being's you've been around here for awhile...how does one stay on top of reply to one's posts? Is there some way I can receive an alarm, or beep to one of my posts or replys?  I like to be searching around but I have been finding that when I come back to a post I see someone has replied. If I was notified some way I could reply quicker.  Help
confused.gif
Set up your subscriptions and it will notify you when you log on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky