Hello From Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dufchick

Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
South East Florida
Hello-

My name is Allison and I am from Port St Lucie, Florida. I just purchased a Masterbuilt 30 inch electric smoker. I am very new at this. I purchased a beef brisket a few days ago to cook inside the house and my husband suggested now might be a good time to purchase a smoker and try the brisket. Its been in all day, read some posts on the stall and ended up wrapping it about an hour ago. The temp is now up to 179 and we are patiently waiting for this delicious smelling brisket to finish!  Thanks to all for taking the time to write such great posts which allow newbies like me to try smoking. 

Happy New Year!

Welcome to the site and to the smoking hobby, Allison.

You all jumped right into the deep end with the brisket as your first smoke.

How did it turn out?

I spent 14 years down in Port Salerno.  Been away a long time but still miss it a lot. 

Reactions: dufchick

Hello One eyed Jack-

Thanks for the welcome!! I have been to Port Selerno many times, nice area, small world.  I will attempt to insert pictures I took of this incredible brisket. It was awesome.  I ended up taking it out at 184 degrees after having wrapped it when it stalled (great directions on stalls on this site). I let it sit for a while and then cut it up. It was truly the best smoked anything I have ever had. The meat was very tender and not crumbly and I think I got it just in time. Next we will try ribs.

Happy 2016!

Allison

Hello One eyed Jack-

Thanks for the welcome!! I have been to Port Selerno many times, nice area, small world.  I will attempt to insert pictures I took of this incredible brisket. It was awesome.  I ended up taking it out at 184 degrees after having wrapped it when it stalled (great directions on stalls on this site). I let it sit for a while and then cut it up. It was truly the best smoked anything I have ever had. The meat was very tender and not crumbly and I think I got it just in time. Next we will try ribs.

Happy 2016!

Allison
That's a great looking brisket Allison.  Congratulations on a successful smoke.  Best luck on your rib smoke.

Say hey to Port Salerno for me.  I sure did enjoy being there.

Welcome from the left coast. Congrats on the smoker and the killer looking Brisket. Great job! Welcome to the most awesome smoking forum on the planet!
Happy smokin', David.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! This is really an awesome site. My friend just purchased a smoker and I turned her on to this site as well, cannot imagine smoking without checking here first!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky