Hello from fentress tx

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fentressfarmer

Original poster
May 24, 2013
Fentress Texas
Hello everyone,
I just found your site earlier today and look forward to learning and sharing with you all! I have a converted propane tank with a firebox on it that we cook with and have been starting to enter a few BBQ cookoffs. My team and I have a great brisket and pork rib recipe but to say the least we stink at chicken! We have placed in brisket and I've been working on the pork ribs and have come up with a new blend for the ribs but I have no idea where to start on the chicken. Needless to say I don't want to loose anymore and would appreciate all the help I can get! Thanks

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

Jeff offers a free 5 day E-Course.  It's packed with great information to use...no matter what your experience level might be!  [color= rgb(0, 0, 205)]http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse[/color]  

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Glad you joined us Fentressfarmer, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
I would start by just surfing the poultry section of this forum looking at recipes, flavors and cooking methods. I believe the toughest thing to accomplish to please the judges is a consistent color and having a good bite through skin that isn't too crispy or too rubbery.

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you've joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastime...grilling and smoking great food!  There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

Remedy for the "Chicken Blues" , Practice , practice , practice , till you get Jaded on Yardbird.

You didn't know how to drive until you practiced , right
icon_question.gif
 Same here, paruse the postings and invest in a case of Yardbird .

This will get you in a pattern and increase you chances of placing more in the comps. Hang in there ans as always . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky