Hello from Delaware, Ohio!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kenster

Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
I guess it's time to introduce myself. I decided to get a smoker last year. I'd been cooking ribs and pulled pork in the oven with some success, but I wanted better. I bought a used ECB from a Craigslist ad, and used it about five times. I had a lot of trouble getting the temperature high enough, and finally decided I didn't have the patience to become a charcoal jedi master.

After a lot of reading, I decided to get a GOSM-type propane smoker. I figured I'd probably get the model that Lowes sells. I wasn't in a hurry; it's still cold around here and none of the local stores have the smoker in stock. Then today I was in Menards (a midwestern home improvement chain like Lowes or Home Despot), and found that they had a few actual GOSMs in stock! I just got it home and haven't unpacked it yet. Now I guess I'm off to the store to get some meat!

I don't have a GOSM but someone will be by shortly. I live in Lexington near Mansfield. Welcome Its the spot.

Pete

Welcome to SMF, Kenster. You will learn a lot here.
biggrin.gif

Goodluck! I have a GOSM in addition to my wood smoker. The GOSM is very user friendly and just as tasty!

Welcome to the SMF. Congrats on being able to find a GOSM, you'll get plenty of good use and good Q too.

"Hello from Delaware, Ohio!"
So which is it? Or are you addressing us as "Ohio"?
biggrin.gif

Welcome to this most helpful forum!!
kitch

of course I'm kidding!

Howdy from Columbus. I've had my smoker a while now, and they don't have much of a selection during the winter months.

Interestingly enough, GFS sells hardwood charcoal, about 16 lb bags for pretty cheap...haven't had the time to go out and buy and try tho.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky