Hello from Delaware, Ohio!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by kenster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. kenster

kenster Newbie

I guess it's time to introduce myself. I decided to get a smoker last year. I'd been cooking ribs and pulled pork in the oven with some success, but I wanted better. I bought a used ECB from a Craigslist ad, and used it about five times. I had a lot of trouble getting the temperature high enough, and finally decided I didn't have the patience to become a charcoal jedi master.

After a lot of reading, I decided to get a GOSM-type propane smoker. I figured I'd probably get the model that Lowes sells. I wasn't in a hurry; it's still cold around here and none of the local stores have the smoker in stock. Then today I was in Menards (a midwestern home improvement chain like Lowes or Home Despot), and found that they had a few actual GOSMs in stock! I just got it home and haven't unpacked it yet. Now I guess I'm off to the store to get some meat!

2. petesque

petesque Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

I don't have a GOSM but someone will be by shortly. I live in Lexington near Mansfield. Welcome Its the spot.

Pete

3. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Kenster!

4. bandcollector

bandcollector Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA.......I have a GOSM and love it.......great smoker for the money!

5. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, Kenster. You will learn a lot here. [​IMG]

6. beerguy

beerguy Fire Starter

Goodluck! I have a GOSM in addition to my wood smoker. The GOSM is very user friendly and just as tasty!

7. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Congrats on being able to find a GOSM, you'll get plenty of good use and good Q too.

8. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome and enjoy the forum! Just 2 hours north of you!

9. rejii

rejii Smoke Blower

Hello and welcome to the forum

10. azkitch

azkitch Smoke Blower

"Hello from Delaware, Ohio!"
    So which is it? Or are you addressing us as "Ohio"? [​IMG]
    Welcome to this most helpful forum!!
    kitch

of course I'm kidding!

11. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Welcome from just south of ya near Columbus.

Cold weather????

I use my GOSM every weekend.

12. woody

woody Smoke Blower

Howdy from Columbus. I've had my smoker a while now, and they don't have much of a selection during the winter months.

Interestingly enough, GFS sells hardwood charcoal, about 16 lb bags for pretty cheap...haven't had the time to go out and buy and try tho.

13. fired up

fired up Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

14. taterdavid

taterdavid Smoke Blower

I grew up in Delaware, Ohio. I think they probobly still have my picture up in the post office [​IMG]

15. darrin

darrin Meat Mopper

Welcome!!!

16. rtom

rtom Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

welcome Ken