Hello from Cochecton Center

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by brooklynboy, Aug 2, 2008.

1. brooklynboy

brooklynboy Fire Starter

I've been lurking and learning for the last month or so since I picked up a #6 Smoke Hollow Propane smoker.

Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY but spend virtually every weekend in the country. About 10 minutes from Bethel where the original Woodstock was held. Old enough to remember hearing the radio ads for it when I was at the local Scout Camp a couple of weeks before it was held.

Been grilling and deep frying turkeys for years, and had played around a bit with a Brinkman Bullet Smoker, but never really liked it. Of course I didn't know how to do any mods.

Have done 2 butts and several racks of ribs over the last few weekends. But no Q-view, so I guess it didn't happen.

Look forward to continuing to read and learn and share a bit too.

Bill

2. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Bill!

3. okie joe

okie joe Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

welcome to smf...lurkers are not bad just quiet....the family of good Q...

4. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Just thought I would say welcome to SMF. Enjoy your self and ask any questions you may have.

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Bill welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Congrats on the new smoker. As you know theres lots of great info here and some very good recipes. Also way to jump right in with those smokes that didn't happen I'm sure they tasted good. Have fun and happy smoking

6. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Bill!

Happy smokes in Brooklyn!