• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from Chicago, Il.

smokerican

Joined Jul 14, 2009
Good evening,

I've been lurking for a few months now and decided to drop in and say hello. I've been smoking every weekend for about 2 months now and I'm hooked. I even got my old man hooked. I've learned a whole bunch from reading your guys posts here daily. Trust me if I'm not smoking, I'm either thinking about it or reading about it. Hope to soon pitch in and help others out here as well.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
Welcome. Glad you quit lurking and came on in. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

polishmeat

Meat Mopper
Joined May 30, 2009
Welcome aboard! Good to see a fellow Chicagoan here. Which area do you live in?Martin

trashcan

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 10, 2009
Welcome from another Illinoisian and a former Pilsen resident (Made my way back to the NW burbs). Ask here, and ye shall be schooled in the ways of the TBS... also, beer is great.

willkat98

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 11, 2005
Good to have another Chi-Town member.

Now if your a Sox fan, the world will all be good today!

Welcome!!

(What part of ChicagoLand, roughly?)

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 25, 2007
welcome smokerican,

sounds like you have bitten by the bbq bug.

smokerican

Joined Jul 14, 2009
Polishmeat and Wilkat,

Im in the Humboldt Park/ Bucktown area about two blocks west of North Ave. and Western Ave. I'm a Cubs fan but I have to give it you Sox fans. Your game yesterday was awesome.

roadrunr

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 29, 2008
Welcome, nice to see some more Chi Town folks here. I live on the north side of the city, but I'm a southsider, if ya know what I mean.

willkat98

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 11, 2005
Shoot, I forgot to add mine upthread when I asked.

I was at 59th/Kedzie for 25 years on the South Side, now out Naperville/Aurora area.

I still live on the South Side, just due West 40 miles

Any chance you can share a good home recipe/technique for a Jibarito!!??!

Again, Welcome!

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Glad to see you've come out of the lurch and into the smoke, welcome to the SMF. You're in for a great summer. It's all good my friend.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009
I'm glad you have come out of the shadows and joined in. Now that you say your hooked where are the pics you know the Qview. it is a requirment if your hooked you have this uncontrolled feeling to take pictures of your food. So garab up the camera and get to snapping. happy to have you and your dad in the smokin family.

smokerican

Joined Jul 14, 2009
Jibaritos eh? I love those too, but thats a whole different forum. LOL! Next time I make them I'll write down the entire process with pics. I do them on the fly so I might miss something just typing it up here.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.