Hello from Central Virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stratmoorefarms

Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Appomattox, VA
Well, I joined up a week or so ago and have done a LOT of reading since then. Thought I ought to take time to say hi.

I am pretty new to the world of smoking. I bought a ECB at Bass Pro August a year ago, and just recently took it out of the box and put it together. Since then, I have used it to cold smoke some bacon by using an electric hot plate with a cast iron pot holding chips instead of firing the charcoal pan. The next weekend I smoked/cooked a ham. And last weekend I smoked a beef arm roast and a domestic rabbit.

So far I am really enjoying this. I have been looking at the threads and coming up with a plan to build a smoke house. I am also looking at the Webber Kettle grills and thinking of ditching the gas grill. Or at least putting it in semi-retirement.

I have been reading up on some of the mods for the ECB and plan to do some to mine pretty soon. Basically adding a decent thermometer, reversing the legs and adding a charcoal grate. I can see where these issues will make a huge difference in performance.

Looking forward to great smokes and getting to know you guys.

Bob

welcome1.gif
 Glad to have you with us. We look forward to getting to know you as well.

Raymond

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky