HELLO FELLOW SMOKERS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

amigo4182

Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
ashland il
OK so here is the deal i love smoking my meats. and i have wanted to build my own smoker for a long time, dont get me wrong i work on my small Webber with a extended piece to turn it into a smoke and its ok. i have used it for many b-day parties and even smoked an amazing 24 lb turkey for Christmas.

im the kinda guy who loves bbq pitmasters and even though im not that good im ready to up my game to a better smoker

im going to make my very own big baby double barrel smoker,with a few of my own modifications put its still the same general idea

i dont have the money to buy a 4000 dollar pit but im hoping to make mine cook like one.

i want to  paint it with some far out metalic blue paint and white accents  should be great,just hope i can use the right paints and clearcoat so it wont burn off

i am new at this and may not have all the lingo down ........But boy do i got the passion...lol

so much in fact that i have to drive 2 hours south to St.Louis just to buy expanded metal to make my cooking grate and my fire box, and im going to make it an awsome trip 

oh yea can any body tell me what a good gage of expanded metal is to build my fire basket and my cooking great?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky