Hello Fellow Carnivores

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disgruntledlionsfan

Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Grand Rapids Michigan
what's up everyone? I just came across this board and have seen some really good info here from people that obviously know what they're talking about. I'm a 25 year old male from Grand Rapids MI. I just received an ECB for christmas for my first smoker. Just a cheapo for me to play with and learn on. Hopefully i'll will pick up the art of smoking quickly and move on to a more traditional form. I know my way around the kitchen and the grill but have always had a love for TRUE barbecue. I'm actually smoking my first rack of baby backs as I type this. I also have a freezer full of salmon that I can't wait to cook up (salmon season in MI was weak this year due to the hot weather but I still hooked into a couple 20 pounders).

anyways, I'm looking forward to exchanging tips and learning from all of you

Welcome to the site. Gotta love the name. At least you have the Red Wings :)

KE

Welcome to SMF DLF. Glad to have you with us. There are a lot of people here who use the ECB and love it. Be sure to ask questions when you have em.

Welcome to the site. There is nothing wrong with and ECB. Lots of members have them and use them. Even those that have been smoking for years and have other set ups.
I still use mine when I can't fit it all on my bigger one.
Goodluck.

i am smoking on one as we speak............posted pics in the christmas q contest thread..........been smoking on ecb's over 20 years

i have a couple links on modding em up.......both the old style and gourmet style........get her fine tuned.......and you will LOVE it......

Welcome to the forum!
smile.gif

Welcome to the forum!! Nothing wrong with them ECB's. I have a similar one but by Charboil....with the mods I've learned about on this site it makes the ECB a really nice smoker. I use mine all the time now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky