Hello everyone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fog

Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Tampa Fla.
Hi all, i am from Tampa Florida, having grew up on my grandfathers farm i started helping him with smoking while very young. so i learned to smoke and can many different types of meats and vegtables. and my stepdad being a commercial fisherman we also smoked alot of seafood. while not new to smoking i don't consider myself a pitmaster either as i am always learning something new.
my current equipment is a GOSM and an old charbroil gas grill.
i guess thats all for now.

Welcome fog, glad you joined us. Any good recipes you would like to share for smoking vegetables? I used to be a vegetarian (don't hate me) but got wiser as I got older, but I still LOVE my vegetables and am always looking for something new to smoke.
Have fun, and I wish you good smoke.

Welcome to the SMF, looks like you're going to fit right in with our friendly membership. If you have any questions, feel free to ask these friendly folks who like to share good times and good Q View too.

Thanks for all the comments guys, from looking around i already found a few ideas i can't wait to try.

@Fire it up. have no problems with anyone being a vegetarian, i have been known to ocasionaly make a whole meal of just vegies. not realy any secrets when it comes to smoking vegies, just simple seasonings and light smoke wit either pecan or mesquite. i don't like the smoke or seasonings to overpower the flavour of the vegies.

Welcome, Fog. You have landed in the right place to know everything there is to know about smoking including stuff you didn't even think about. Good to have you as part of the group.

By the way, every year this time I envy you alls weather and seafood.

Welcome Fog! I cannot believe I just said that. I used to work the river boats on the inland waterways of this great conutry. Hated fog back then.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Hello Fog, and welcome to the SMF family. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you're already a seasoned hand at smokin'. I look forward to your input and expereince here.

welcome from another new member here in OH. These guys have been unknowingly teaching me for a couple years now. You won't be disappointed.

well someone with a lot of seafood experience is always welcome. Don't worry, we will abuse you for your knowledge and you will have fun in the process! Welcome aboard!

Welcome! You sound like you know a few smoking techniques, I'm sure you will contribute much to this site in your future threads. Look forward to seeing some Q-view of your smokes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky