Hello All

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by meat-man, Jun 11, 2008.

1. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Hi my name is Matt, I am new here. I am a butcher by trade. I enjoy anything to do with meat. I am from Missouri, and I am just learning how to smoke meat. I am a die-hard bowhunter , I always joke around by saying that I WAS BORN TO HUNT AND FORCED TO WORK lol, but it's just a joke I truly enjoy what I do. I just got a 20 pd smoker from LEM. So any tip's and trick's will be greatly appreciated.

2. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, glad ta have ya!
    Check out Jeff's free 5 day e-course, lotta good info there, also, ask questions, lotta friendly folk here willin ta hep ya learn. Course it heps ta bribe us with smokin meat! Just kiddin. Look around a bit at all the posts, ifin yall don't find what ya need we be Happy ta hep ya!

3. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Matt, glad to have you here.

4. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey Matt, Welcome to the SMF!! I''m a MO native myself (bootheel), but the Army has me planting my roots in FL now. If you're new to forums, just dig around the different forums within the site, you'll find a ton of great information to help you along. But don't hesitate to ask specific questions if ya need to!

5. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome to the site Matt. we need butchers here to answer questions, and forward us your discounts![​IMG]

6. abelman

abelman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome aboard, lots of good folks around here, plenty of answers to questions and more ideas than you'll know what to do with.

7. agmeyer

agmeyer Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Welcome fellow Missourian; from Sedalia, MO from another arrow slinger. You evidently know how to cut up meat. Let's smoke something? If you are into Fattys; try one with some Burger's sausage and compare that to Jimmy Dean's.
    [​IMG]

8. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

meat-man
    Welcome to SMF, glad you joined us !!!
    With a little luck a LEM smoker owner will be along soon.....

9. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Matt,
    You must get some great meat! Its a good thing your a butcher since you "enjoy anything to do with meat" [​IMG]
    Welcome!

10. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF Matt its a great place to find info and recipes. You'll be smoking like a pro in no time.

11. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello Matt, and glad to have you as part of the SMF. You'll be having some questions based on your occupation, but you can ask things too!

12. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the smf...............Glad to have you here..................

13. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

14. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum. Great place to learn. Don't forget to post q-view pics of your smoker and of all your smokes.
    May your smoke be thin and blue.

15. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad another hunter is here. Welcome.