Hello All!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

terryd

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Covington, Va
Hello everyone!  I'm Terry and I've never smoked anything other than a cheap set of tires...  My darling girl friend bought me a Char-Broil American Gourmet Deluxe Offset Smoker for Father's day this year.  So far I've been just learning how to use the grill part of this unit. To that point the only grill I've ever owned was the little $15 square "camp" style grill from Lowe's.  I've made great strides in that department, but am very sad to report that tonight was the first time I've had heat in the fire box and it was by accident... 
frown.gif

I've done a little reading on here about beginner grill upgrades such as an actual thermometer but due to time constraints in my life I've been very slow to actually perform anything yet. 

I'm a Instrumentation Tech for a large paper mill in Southwest Virginia and father of two beautiful little girls.  Alex (4) and Kaylee (9mos).  As a main hobby, I'm an auto enthusiast, with Off-roading being the high point right now along with a pair of 80's Camaro's tucked away for dry/warm weather play. 

I guess that's a successful hello!  Hope to really learn what I'm doing as I really enjoy grilling and look forward to being a decent "Smoker". 

Welcome aboard and thanks for the great introduction!  Read up as much as you can and get that smoker fired up, you won't regret it!  With all the great information available on here and the helpful SMF members the learning curve can be reduced greatly.  Happy Smokin'! 

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky