Hello all - from SoCal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokensmoke

Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Hi, my name is Evan...I am a smoker. But in truth that used to mean cigarettes, then it meant cigars and now it's cigars and pipes. I also raised some smoked when I first roasted my own coffee beans.

So yeah, I'm into mischief, but it's all in a relaxed, good-natured manner.
icon_lol.gif

I have been grilling (25 years) and doing some some smoking (1 year) and friends and family all ooh and aah. And they're right, it's all pretty good. But I can't really say I have a technique or that I REALLY know what I am doing. Most has been over the years trial and error resulting in cooking by feel. So consistency is NOT a word that will find my picture next to it.

Equipment? 7 year old Kenmore stainless big ol' 6 burner 60K BTU for grilling and a Weber Bullet for smoking.

Looking forward to "actually" learning something, and contributing when and if I can.

SmokenSmoke
Welocome ot SMF !!!
Any questions, just ask; they should be answered shortly by someone with knowledge. If you have answers, do not be afraid to add your thoughts.....

Again welcome !!!!

Welcome Evan!! Your in the right place to learn and share some of your knowledge with us. Show us some q views when you do your next cook.

Hello Evan, and welcome to the SMF. You'll find plenty of great tips on smokin', grillin', cookin', and a lot of other great hobbies here on this site. Don't be shy with any questions, we are a happy bunch that is willing to help and share. BTW, I'm just over the hill from you, I live in Southeast Whittier off of Beach.

Welcome to the site. If you get a chance check out the free 5 day ecourse. It full of info that can help everyone bring up their game.
Remember q-view .

thanks for all of the warm welcomes!! I look forward to burnin' and learnin'.

Richoso1 - I can smell your house from here (5 blocks north of Colima and Hacienda)
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF, Evan! There are lots of folks here who can help you get on the right path for whatever you're smoking... umm, in your smoker, that is.
icon_eek.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_smile.gif

again - thank you all for the welcome!!
Spent the past 1 1/2 days reading, drooling, plotting, planning, learning...and a whole lot of saying to myself "of course"!!

SO many things that I have done, but only because they made sense to me not because I knew better, are outlined and detailed here and now many things are MUCH clearer. Techniques I had tried in the past that worked but where abandoned because of inconsistent results...in many cases I can now look back years later and, based on your various experiences and tips, see exactly WHY it was inconsistent.

A whole new world opens up.........
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

Make a hole, coming thru!!!
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky