Hello All - And Tulsa Jeff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

polishsmoker

Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
I am new to Smoking.

I have plenty of Food Toys, I.E. Bread Machines, Meat Grinder, Ronco Rotisserie, ETC...ETC...

But - I am new to smoking.

I am happy to have discovered this Forum.

I recently purchased a MES 40 from Lowe's...Let me tell you more...

Not sure if it is a Gen I or II..

1200 W element - Controls in Front(Not on the back)No glass doors...Yes, I bought the 3 year warranty after reading these boards...

I bought it to primarily smoke my excellent homemade Kielbasa:):):)

I live in NE PA(hanna or no)and use my prunings from my apple, cherry, pear and peach trees to smoke.

I keep a "Meat Journal" and so far I have Smoked - 

Rolled & Netted Boneless Pork Shoulder 3.5 LBS. - Not Bad - Probe Temp is way off...25 degrees low - learning experience

Re Smoked the leftovers...Better 2nd night... :):):) Adjusted Temps & Wood

2nd smoke - Home ground/home made Beef Sausage - Kielbasa test flight - first taste seemed over smoked - 3 days latter OMG -      kind of taste like Lebanon Bologna....excellent colar...

3rd smoke - The Christmas Kielbasa - Most Excellent - Only 2 hours of smoke - Good oven safe meat therm in meat - good oven         safe therm in smoker - Nice result - Color not as cherry red as I would like - Paprika in recipe? 

4th smoke - The Christmas Ham & Pit Beans - 8 LBS.Spiral Ham from Aldi's...Face slices kind of dry but OMG - rear fat and bark         out of this world... 

Well, The Boss has come home and I have to go...

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Polish Smoker

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a overcast, gloomy and rainy day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.  

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Bearcarver is in PA and is also a watt burner

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky