Heinz 57 butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin365

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Paris IL
8.5# butt w/ heinz 57, Jim Beam, and my memphis rub that i put on almost everything

about an hour and a half in i mopped with 57 sauce again for good measure

more 2 come
memphis rub: 2T each garlic powder, onion powder, cbp, white pepper, ground red pepper, 4T paprika, 1 tsp msg(i know it bad 4 ya), 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp celery seed

looking good,
I am actually sitting up with 1 Butt and 1 Picnic on right now (2am Est) Glad i have a wireless laptop :)

got 3 BB's and 1 Spare rib to put on about 8am also.

Jim

Nice so far. Thanks for the QVIEW.

Looks like a fattie snuck into your smoker, it must have wanted some place warm to hang out for a while.

Ill let ya know after about 65* and an hour rest in the cooler
cool.gif

Interesting idea... Looking forward to watching this develop, looking good so far!

Interesting idea with the 57 sauce. I've never really thought about 'mopping' a butt. I'll spray with AJ but that's about it.... Something to try down the road.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I didnt consider the fact that a good bark wouldnt form with mopping. It probly would have been better if i had only used the 57 to hold the rub and left it alone like i usually do. *sigh*...lessons learned. It did turn out great though.

Hey 365..the great thing about smoking is trying different things..you never know when you just might hit on something great..and the good thing is seems like what ever you try it always turns out good..looks great man
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

rested in towels and cooler for 3 hrs while i rested in bed and pulled like a dream

I know its for tomorow, but i just had to try it. Good sammie on a kings hawaiian roll w/ a lil 57
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky