Heart Healthy goulash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Trying to create heart-healthy meals for myself, I had purchased, from Amazon last spring (prior to my events) some TVP beef like chunks. So, after checking the ingredient label, (5mg sodium per cup - very low), I reconstituted a cup on it - equal amounts of TVP and water in an open container for 5 minutes in the microwave (1 cup of each). While that was cooking, I got water boiling on the stove and added 2 cups of Rotelli tri-color pasta boiling for 7 minutes, el dente. I emptied the sauce pan and drained the pasta, put the reconstituted TVP chunks in the pan, added one can of low salt petite tomatoes, a cup of plain water, and the drained pasta and mixed it all together and cooked for 5 minutes on high! Voila! Seasoned with a teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte Seasoning blend. It was good!
base_027000001011_1.jpg
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Looks like your making progress to find good meals for you and your health.

Good Job Pops.

so I couldn't read the ingredient list on the imitation chunks. whats it made of..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky