Heads up!!!!! Charcoal is on sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
I'm heading over to lowe's today. Charcoal is 1/2 price. 2- 20 lb bags for  for $9.99 for the memorial day sale..... Time to stock up for the year........ I usually get around 20 bags..... A good time to save some serious bucks......
icon14.gif

Joe

Thanks for the heads-up guys!

I will get over to Home Depot tomorrow, even though I only have enough room for about another 80 LBS. Already well stocked. 
biggrin.gif

I always stock up at sale time.

Threads like this make this forum very valuable for any budget minded smoker!

Good luck and good smoking.

I was asleep at the switch last year , but not this year! I just got a few more bags yesterday at HD for $9.88....I've got 10 bags now. I think that'll do me for the summer!

I picked up another 240 lbs today (six 2-packs).  Along with what I have on-hand, right at 120 lbs, that should last me until next Memorial Day.

I didn't want to load a flat cart, push it through the store, then back out to my truck just to unload it.  After buying the charcoal I wanted to park next to the pallets out front and just load my truck.  I walked to the cashier and mentioned I wanted six of the 2-packs.  She laughed, reached in her pocket and whipped out a piece of paper that had the store code on it (846646 in case you're interested - same everywhere).  She'd arrived at 6 AM that morning and said she had people lined up who wanted charcoal and wanted to load direct from the pallets.  She said she'd been using that piece of paper all day.  I thought I'd memorized the code so she "tested" me and I totally screwed it up.  We laughed out loud.  She was a sweet lady.

True smokers never use charcoal!

Thats funny coming from someone who owns a gas smoker......Charcoal is mostly pure carbon, called char, made by cooking wood in a low oxygen environment so technically charcoal is a processed wood and cooks well along with wood chuncks and produces some of the best BBQ

My 2 cents

no pun intended..... Were good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky