HAWG MEAT ON THE WEBER KETTLE AGAIN (ADDED MY OPINION OF THE McCORMICK RUB? SPICE?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
all this talk is making me Hungry and thirsty, are they done yet!!! they looked good before bet they look even better now!!

It's a beautiful November day in Southeast Mississippi. 71 degrees and a perfect day to use the Weber Kettle for some offset smoking and throw down some ribs. Going with a different style smoke for me. Not going to use different flavor layers this time. Just a little of my homemade BBQ sauce at the end. No wrap of course as I never do that anymore. No brown sugar, butter, Tiger sauce, Coca Cola, etc. Rubbed them down with McCormick Brown Sugar Bourbon seasoning, a small dusting of Tony's Creole Seasoning, Black Pepper and Cavender's Greek Seasoning. I will spray off and on with apple juice. Using a water tray and drip pan. Royal Oak Classic is the fuel and Cherry chunks for smoke. This round I'm going to try smoking really low heat and much longer smoking time. When I slide the tongs under the racks and they get that slight break, they will be done however long that takes. Sides will be the wife's homemade baked beans, seasoned fries or baked potatoes haven't decided which style of potatoes yet. Posted some pics and will add the money shots later when done and cut.

View attachment 412258
THE RUB DOWN
View attachment 412259
ON WITH THE CHERRY CHUNKS

View attachment 412260
ROLLING GOOD

View attachment 412261
APPLE JUICE SPRITZ TIME AND MORE FUEL AND CHERRY CHUNKS

View attachment 412294
TENDER AND JUICY

View attachment 412295
YEP,. JUST RIGHT.

View attachment 412296
WORTH THE WAIT. RIBS, BEANS, SLAW AND FRIES. I'M FULL. TIME FOR BED!!!
FINAL PICS ARE UP

The bark is not as dark as the photos show. Cell phone pics. Just normal bark. Nothing special.
I'd be shoving you out of the way to get to the ribs!
I don't like a lot of bark on my ribs. To me, bark means excess sugar in the rub and/or sauce.
One of these days (years?) I will perfect my low sugar sauce and post the recipe. "Perfect" means I actually write down the ingredient ratios as I make it.

I'd be shoving you out of the way to get to the ribs!
I don't like a lot of bark on my ribs. To me, bark means excess sugar in the rub and/or sauce.
One of these days (years?) I will perfect my low sugar sauce and post the recipe. "Perfect" means I actually write down the ingredient ratios as I make it.
Thanks buddy I enjoyed working with the Kettle again.

Ribs look really good Hawg. It seems like your kettle is slowly sneaking it's way into the rotation. I wouldn't trade my kettles for any other outdoor cooking apparatus.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Hawging It
Ribs look really good Hawg. It seems like your kettle is slowly sneaking it's way into the rotation. I wouldn't trade my kettles for any other outdoor cooking apparatus.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris. Yep I have started using the Kettle more. Used kettles a ton years ago but stick burners are my passion. Forgot how simple and solid smokers they can be. I agree , if I could only have 1 rig and 1 rig only, it would be a Weber Kettle.

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky