Have you tried a dry Brined Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I will be interested to see how it will turn out. It sure seems like a coating of salt would draw the moisture out of the bird, not put it in.

I've dry brined my turkey for thanksgiving the last three years.  My family loves it, and I have to agree with them.  I had always wet brined before, but with a big turkey and limited fridge space, it was tough.  Dry brining make that part easier (no big bucket).  We like the taste and texture.  It's come out moist and tender, and perfectly seasoned throughout.  Not sure I'd do it any other way.

There was a thread the other day on this -- the link is below.  I posted a links I had which describe the technique.  Others have posted links and pics as well.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/113476/salting-instead-of-brining

Give it a try -- I highly recommend it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky