Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trevcunn

Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
CHENEY, KS
I'm going to do a brisket this weekend and thought about giving this a try. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything on this? I've used the regular Allegro marinade and it is excellent, I would expect this to be good as well. Thanks for your thoughts

I have yet to come across the brisket marinade, but I have used the regular Allegro marinade for years on steaks.  The only thing with marinating a brisket, it's not going to get very deep into the meat, depending on the thickness of the brisket.  If your doing a smallish flat only, say in the 4-6 pound range, it might do fine.  A better choice might be injecting the marinade into the meat in a checkerboard fashion.  Or if you would rather marinade, score the fat side of the meat so that the marinade can penetrate both sides, then marinade for about 3-4 days, instead of just overnight, flipping the meat every 12 hours or so to try and get the marinade in the meat evenly.  I have tried marinating in the past, but prefer to inject with a commercial injection, rub it down and smoke it.  Good luck to you.

Yes I really enjoy the regular on my steaks. I might give it a try and see how it turns out just so we all know. It's got me interested now.

I know this thread is old, but just to add to it for anyone else who may happen across it, just because it is a marinade doesn't mean you can't use it as an injection.

I have used Brisket Sauce for over 6 years now as an injection for my briskets.

I've been doing some searching on this forum and on the web about this so I'm gonna drag this one out of the archives rather than start a new thread. I'm fixing to do something with a big ole brisket and allegro marinate just because I have wanted to try this for a while. I guess that's a good enough reason? I think I'll let it soak a while in the marinate and possibly inject?

Any thoughts, tips, tricks, or suggestions are always welcome.

Select Brisket.JPG
Trimmed meat side.JPG
Trimmed fat side.JPG
Excess fat.JPG
Brisket pre soak.JPG
Brisket soaking in Allegro.JPG

Pretty simple and straight forward. Select whole packer from Sams, Gave it a good wash and dry out of the package. Trimmed off some of the excess fat (but left plenty on the brisket.) I did score the fat side prior to the soak. Loaded it up in the pan I bought at Brookshire's and filled it with Allegro. I've been rotating it about every 6 to 8 hours and I plan to put in in the smoker later today for an all night cook with the Yoder pellet pooper using Cookinpellets Hickory pellets. I don't plan to do much else. I do plan to coat it with Jeff's Texas Rub prior to putting it in the smoker and I may cook this one fat cap down just because I usually do the fat cap up. Why not. This is some new territory for me anyway. I can tell you the meat is no longer red but the color of the marinate. I'm not going to inject this one and see where it goes from here. I'll update again after I get the thing cooked.

I pulled the brisket this morning after about 17 hours in the smoker. I'm having a little issue on some temp variations between my flat and point but I'm working on that solution. Wrapped the whole thing with foil and put it in the box wrapped with towels for a 3 hour rest. Flat I'm not happy with because it was actually a bit undercooked but the point was spot on. very juicy and tender. The flat was salty - too salty. I'm not thrilled with the flavor profile but I now know and I'll personally just stick to maybe marinating steaks upon occasion but not another brisket. 24 hours was too long for sure. bottom line it will get eaten. We made a nice cole slaw and that counters the saltyness in the flat quite well. not as noticeable in the tip. I'll just stick to the Texas Rub next time. Keep it simple and basic - That has worked well for me in the past.

Which marinade did you use and thanks for giving it a shot

The original. I've done briskets in the past (years ago) with it but I didn't marinate them as long as this one and I was using the old smoke-n-grill "bullet" back then. Some of those briskets turned out really good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky