Has anyone ordered from horizon ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
I ordered a convection plate for my smoker in early dec and I have been unable to reach them about the status. I called many times and e mails, but spoke to on guy who said he would get back to me . Never did!
Any one else ever dealt with them?

There's a thread somewhere that talks about Horizon taking forever but promising it soon.  The OP cancelled his order and had one made locally.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's all I have to offer.  Well I can say search for convection plates in the search bar and you should figure out how to make one or have on made locally.

Well horizon sent me the convection plate 4 weeks from the date I ordered it . Very happy with it

In two weeks give them a call and see when your order will be in production. That's what I did and they said next week and it came 10 days later

Finally spoke to someone at Horizon.He said my convection plate was in the shipping room waiting for UPS to pick it up.Maybe I will have it in the next few days 

Lemans,

Most of their reviews say the same thing about them as you do. Stories are all the same.

I hate when "businesses" are like that !!

Bear

Finally got my convection plate this morning from Horizon after 4 weeks.FedEx man commentd on the pkg weight. I just smiled and thanked him,figured he didn't have time for an explanation of what was in the box.Dropped it in and fits nicely.Will fire it up later.For anyone ordering from Horizon don't expect quic delivery no matter what they tell you on the phone.Everyone says they are good, not quick.

Last edited:
James
If it covers up the opening to the SFB great
If it sits below you may need some baffel ing
Mine is like a 10 degrees diff from one end to the other

Lemans,

It covers the sfb opening well so it should do the job.Plan to do a smoke in a couple of days, will see how it goes.Thanks so much for all your advice and follow up. 

I ordered mines on July 17th. I am still waiting after promises that it would be here two weeks ago. Lousy customer service I have called several times and its very rare that I get someone on the phone with empty promises. They will not get my business again unless I am willing to wait a long time for the product. And they still haven't answered my email I sent them last month

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky