• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Has anyone concidered the Lexington BBQ Festival for a visit

dgross

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 21, 2006
With such a geographically diverse group of people, I would love to invite anyone in this form to come and visit the Annual Lexington, NC, BBQ festival being held in the fall of 2007. The Southeast is blessed with a diverse BBQ history and we'd like to share this with you all :D . If you do a google search, it is not hard to find the home page and I hope you all will consider a visit to one of our BIGGEST local ( and I'm told, National )BBQ hoedowns on the East Coast. We would love to share our hospitality ( and take your tourism dollars :P ) with you all. Daun

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
I would love to but will have to wait until a different year. Vacation for 2007 is already spoken for. Thanks for the invite

mrgrumpy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 18, 2006
I would, but it is too close.....

I would rather travel 4 hrs to be in a competition..... :P :P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bill

dgross

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 21, 2006
It is nice to travel and what a good excuse, in persuit of the TBS :D . We're about 1.5 hrs away from Lexington and I guess that's why we've never been. Need to change that this year :) . Daun

mrgrumpy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 18, 2006
I am abt a good hour or so east of there. Where you at in the marvelous state???

Bill

dgross

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 21, 2006
Mrgrumpy, We're about 45 min. from Greensboro to the north. Security police ( my hubby ) said no personal info. on the forum and he is right :(. Pm me and we'll talk :).
Randy, it would be great to have you all here and feel free to Pm me if I can help with info on campgrounds ect. Be warned, this is a Big festival but they have a great shuttle system if you can't get a spot close in. We would love to have you and keep us in the loop :)! Enjoy your smoke!! Daun

mrgrumpy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 18, 2006
Daun,

No problem. I understand. I was not trying to pin you down to a specific spot, general area was fine.

I am, if you look at the map where I-40 and I-85 split just northwest of Raleigh, just south of there.

We used to live abt half way between Statesville and Charlotte until just a little over 3 yrs ago when we moved here for work.

Bill

dgross

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 21, 2006
No problem :) . I grew up in Greensboro and moved to the country as soon as I could. Even so, with the rapid growth in NC, it probably won't be too many years before the city is all but knocking on our doorstep :( . Daun

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.