Harvest Keeper Vacuum Sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cute pup Tom. I don't have a lot of faith in the amazon ratings. I do check them as many people do when researching before a purchase. What I have found on several occasions is ratings, good and bad, for a product made by company A, say a widget XL. But some of the ratings were for widget XT from the same company. Not quite the same item. So I take them with a large grain of salt.

I stumbled across this vac sealer while prowling the web. I don't believe I have ever heard of this brand. Any member have one?

http://www.harvest-keeper.com/shop/bycategory/Vacuum-Sealers-and-Storage-Bags

I have near heard of it before. I just wanted to comment and say that vacuum sealers are notorious for crapping out after a short time. I, my father, my brother, and many others have learned this the hard way.

The only solution I know of is to buy a high quality well known and unfortunately expensive brand and model.
People here on the forum seem swear by the VacuMaster Pro 350 or higher models. I use the Westin Pro 2100 with no complaints and about 6 years of it working for me.

Either way get ready to fork out $250+ and unfortunately that is just the name of the game. You only need to have a vac sealer fail on you 1 good time or ruin a bunch of poorly sealed meat with one to start to come around to buying the reliable brands models. I will never buy another FoodSaver again!

I wish I had better info for you and best of luck finding a reliable one that doesn't break the bank :)

I had a food saver professional from Cabella's for a great many years, probably close on to 20. No warning signs when it died. Just flashing lights. It was an expensive purchase in it's day and served me and the family well. I looked at several makes, known and unknown and decided to buck the tide and went with a unit from LEM. Another expensive purchase but quality costs.

Cute pup Tom. I don't have a lot of faith in the amazon ratings. I do check them as many people do when researching before a purchase. What I have found on several occasions is ratings, good and bad, for a product made by company A, say a widget XL. But some of the ratings were for widget XT from the same company. Not quite the same item. So I take them with a large grain of salt.
Thanks, she's a big moose now at 90 pounds..

I hear ya about amazon reviews, I generally check if an item has reviews to see if people have ever bought it. With all the cheap brands around. I paid bottom dollar for my sausage stuffer, and the design is so simplistic I can't see it breaking in the near future. It's as simple as they come sorta deal. I only ended up with a FoodSaver brand vaccum sealer because a slightly older model was really cheap on Amazon and I viewed it largely as 'Well if it lasts a few years and saves me money, fine.'

I'm not sure it's saved me money yet, but my freezer is full of vaccum sealed goodies Lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.