Happy Sunday and Chicken Legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
That title doesnt' make any sense does it? Forgive me I'm a little sleepy. Started an 8 pound shoulder at 6 this morning. It's looking awesome by the way.

I also bought a pack of chicken legs for the kids. I've done quarters several times with great results. But I'm wondering if anyone can give a cook time for legs solo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
The Dude

chik legs are good smoked ...i wouldn't go by time but by temp..i would go to temp 170 degrees and then i would foil them and let them go for another 30 min and take off let them rest and dig in.....if you need a time depending on how many and how big they are probably 3-4 hrs at 225

Hey Dude I was just wondering about those legs. Did you just lay them on the grill like I do or do you have one of those nice chicken leg racks? Regardless a little shoulder a little chicken how could you go wrong there? I would have put some legs on for myself with that shoulder.

Rub them in olive oil or shedds spread, then sprinkle on your favorite rub. stick em on the hot side of the cooker, or ramp it up to 250-300 degrees if ya can, and you have nothing else on there. When they get to 170 in the fattest part, they are done, put em in a pan and cover with foil for 10-15 mintes. Should be great when the foil is opened.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky