Happy St. Pattys Day!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 21, 2009
The North Coast of Ohio
Well its St Patricks Day time again and time to make our yearly batch of GREEN Corned Beef Sausage at work!
icon_mrgreen.gif
I thought some of you would like to see the process. Here we have the corned beef points chunked up to grind through a 3/8" plate on our small tabletop grinder...A total of 40 pounds of CB! This brand had the seasoning sprinkled in the package.

Nice and coarse...Helps keep the sausage from drying out.

Here we pack it down and lay a layer of plastic filmover top to store it for the nite...for no other reason than we were running out of time at the end of the day.

Below is 25 lbs of our country style sausage mixed up so the seasonings are spead all the way through the pork evenly.

the left is CS Sausage...right is CB grind. Dump the CB in with the sausage and mix thoughly.

The next steps pictures got lost. Add 1 bottle of green food coloring to 4 cups of water then pour into meat mixture and mix really really really completely!!! Be sure to use rubber gloves! Food coloring doesn't come off too easily....Learned the hard way a couple of years ago!
icon_redface.gif

Here I saved out about 15 pounds to roll into fatties and smoke for myself and my co-workers.

This is our water pressure sausage stuffer. It will do 100 pounds of suasage at a time. Its a very nice toy.

50 pounds packed inside...

Lock the lid down...pull on some hog casings and...

Stuff Stuff Stuff away!

EWWW Green isn't it!
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

Here is the extra meat rolled into a fattie for smoking.

The fatties, and the left over green mix that gets trapped in the top of the stuffer made into burgers for supper tonight.

Here are some of the sausages all linked up and ready to be wrapped for sale.

Hope you all enjoyed the tour!
I have to give a great big thanks to Treegie for making all these pictures soo much easier to load into here.
Thanks for watching
SOB-QTV

Great post! It really gives a visual on how sausage is made in bulk.

I can, however, do without the green dye.
eek.gif

Nevertheless, I am sure it will taste very well!
points.gif

So heres an update...
The fattys made from the non colored corned beef sausage are done.
I smoked them at 225* for 3:15 mins with hickory smoke...also had a rack of st louis ribs I saved from the bone can at work...past thier date to sellby and too dark to grind for sausage.
The top 3 are solid corned beef sausage...the bottom has a filling of smoked swiss-n-cheddar cheese inside...suprise!

RIbs

Here's the one with the suprise inside!

A tray full of goodness!
tongue.gif

SOB

Ewwwww.......
Funny with keeping with the green theme but those are the oddest looking sausages I have ever seen, no doubt tasty but still...

Now those corned beef fatties, I think I will dream of those tonight
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Here is a shot of the corned beef fattie that I wrapped around some chunks of smoked swiss-N-cheddar cheese. We had it for dinner tonight with cabbage.mushrooms, onions that were sauted with buck board bacon. The pics were of the left over fattie, I forgot to get a pic of the plated dinner. Sorry

SOB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky