Happy Mother's Day to all moms & What Ya cookin this weekend ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
Happy Mom's day to all our moms from TripleBQ and what are you guys cooking for mom ? Have great weekend !

TripleBQ

2nd that! Happy Mom's Day!

Sorry had to come back and edit... didnt notice the "what ya cookin"

LOL... well to be honest im not sure... we might do cold cuts for hoagies & I will probably make some pizza... Have some frozen drinks and some brews...

I'm gonna smoke a Prime Rib for Mom!
smile.gif

Happy Mother's Day all of you Moms out there!

No firing up the WSM, or the kettle this weekend, taking a break, the menu Sunday will be whatever mom, and my wife want, and I think they are both tired of bbq.

Saturday I will be in Chicago all day drinking, eating bbq, tacos, and maybe a visit to a few other spots for food and drink.

Goat Rib roast and ABT's on the smoker and what ever else the wife cooks up...

My mom and wife are going to be surprised, they don't know what Iam cooking I hope they are up for somthing new.I may just tell its prime rib
biggrin.gif

Newbie guy here, from England but live in Louisiana so i'll be after a lot of tips from you guys,

I will be smoking some ribs and pork steaks (with bone), taking the easy way out this week end,

Wife bought me a Master Forge propane smoker for mothers day, i had been pestering here for one in ages, any how, she loves my BBQ on the grill and although my briskets and Boston butts were good and tender of the grill they were still missing something, so we got a smoker,

I will be asking a lot of questions and I'm sure you guys will take the time to answer and help me out here in South Louisiana, they are funny about their food,

I wil stick with the ribs and pork steaks for this week end and will endeavor to try more risky smokes when its not so important, trust me guys I'll try anything different, already looking at using coconut shell instead of wood for the smoke.....

This is my first smoke so i will upload pictures be they good or bad...

Thanks ya'll
Wayne
w5yne

Welcome aboard, and good luck on your 1st smoke! Don't forget to post something in Roll Call so everyone else has a chance to welcome you, too.
smile.gif

I am doin a Puller pork butt as well if I can find a GOOD one down here in Mesquite , Tx !

Happy mom's day to all. I think I'll stop by the store nice and early tommorow and see what's on sale and suprise the wife. I can spend all day in front of the smoker drinking beer if it's for her......right?
icon_smile.gif

Saturday for Girlfriend's mom:

2 racks of spares, 4 whole chickens (2 to eat then, 2 for her to take home), wicked baked beans.

Sunday for my Mom:

Baby Backs, more wicked baked beans and a pack of some experimental beef ribs i found at the store. The bones are kind of thin, I think that they are actually the tips that they cut off when they make the dino bone cut. The pack just said "beef ribs".

Should be fun

Hey Holdem, I was wondering if somebody was going to call me out on that. I tried to get out of it, but both groups are demanding Wicked beans. Those things are like a drug. They won't let me light the smoker without doing a batch. I'm cooking them both days, but I think I am only going to eat them once for safety reasons.
biggrin.gif

LOL...ya there tough to beat..at least the gf's family is the first group..your family is probably used to it by now.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky