Happy Halloween! SMF carved pumpkin....

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by squirrel, Oct 31, 2010.

1. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I had a blast doing this pumpkin, it took a while! Thanks to Laurel for hooking me up with a decent logo to use. I'm heading to the golf course to hand out candy to the kiddies later today and I am going to decorate my golf cart with lots of spiders and lights!

[​IMG]

pineywoods likes this.
  2. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Cheryl you are a riot. The pumpkin looks great. What did you use to care it? What happened to decorating the entry? Did you ever pull that off?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yes you are a riot and crazy and even LOONEY at times. But is there anything that you can't do great.??? Now you can even carve a cool pumpkin too.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  4. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

you are one very talented person.  That looks great

5. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Outstanding carve job there Squirrely.

You can carve with me any time!

Bear

6. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome Halloween spirit there Cheryl! Love the pumkin! [​IMG]

7. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

Thats great lol nice job[​IMG]

8. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

That is one great looking pumpkin awesome job [​IMG]

9. I am impressed with your carving skills.  I wish I was that artistic.

10. That is one of the coolest Halloween Pumpkins I've ever seen.

11. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Talented is an understatement. We need to try to send her stuff outside of SMF to get some attention. A creative genius, in my eyes ...

12. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thanks so much! I used a cheap wood carving set I got at Hobby Lobby. It really was easy, time consuming, but fairly easy to do. See, here's the thing, I carved this for my Throwdown Entry, but silly me didn't read the rules very carefully, so I don't get to enter. It's okay though because I'll still get to share it with you, that's all I really care about anyway.

I didn't do my front drive entryway because I decided to put all my effort (and money!) into decorating the golf cart tonight. The country club has a really cool thing where folks like me take a cart, decorate it all up, line up on the course so the kids can walk the course and get treats from all of us. They are expecting atleast 100 kids! My theme is spiders and skeletons. Here's a pic of my bag of candy I just weighed it and it weighs 30 lbs. LOL! I'm just a big kid who has a sugar buzz going. I can't stay away from those little snickers. MmmMMmmm.

[​IMG]

13. bearcarver

MMMMmmm, I see "Three Musketeers"!!!!

14. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Be sure to take some pics for us - sounds like loads of fun

15. bearcarver

Squirrels can get away with handing candy out to the kiddies in the park.

Look what happened the Cowboy's WR Lance Rentzel when he was handing out candy. 

16. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

That was an awesome job carving the pumpkin!!  [​IMG]

The golf course idea is pretty cool too.  

17. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow!  You have a real talent my friend.  That is just cool!

18. Great pumpkin! [​IMG]

19. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Awesome looking pumpkin, thought ya took chainsaw lessons for a moment. [​IMG]  Dang it Bear! The Cowboys are crashing hard enough without hearing about "Keep it in your pants Lance" . [​IMG]  Oh well maybe next year. [​IMG]

20. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thats awesome. Great job.