Happy Easter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dono

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2007
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
well I went to my friends annual Greek Orthadox Easter dinner today,
every year they roast a lamb on an open pit using only Lump and Elbow grease. they mop it with butter and lemon, it's a great day and an even greater meal. so for any Greek Orthadox members out there A very happy Easter

here's a few Qviews showing me and the wife taking turns at the crank
08257d1d_vbattach17937.jpg

26819df0_vbattach17936.jpg

d52d871d_vbattach17935.jpg

d9959f1b_vbattach17934.jpg

0528baa7_vbattach17933.jpg

Hey Don - thanks for posting the q-vue! The close-up's of the spit and the mechanics behind the crank were cool!

Glad you had a great day!

you are very welcome, as you can see at some point they tried to use a bike chain, with some sort of drive motor, but I can tell you that the old man {papoo, to his friends} who takes care of the lamb, is very picky about how fast or slow it's turned at different times in the cooking prosses. so I can be pretty sure the man just didn't like trusting it to an electric motor :-)

that's the same pole and crank they have used for years and I've never seen the chain drive used, they tie the lamb onto the pole and if you look at the sides you can see the gibblets they are tied to the little poles with the intestines used as the tie wraps

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky