Hanging rack in "bullet"-style propane smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mistabob

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 5, 2009
Idaho
Has anyone made a rack for hanging meat in an upright bullet-style propane smoker, for smoking bacon as an example? I currently have a Cabelas 7-in-1 propane smoker. Is there enough room to smoke enough pork bellies that making some sort meat hanging rack would be worth it?

Or should I just man-up and attempt to build a UDS?

I really wanna make some bacon...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Long term, i would consider the UDS. Investing time and money ine the bullet type smoker is ok if you don't have a future for a UDS. I't s all good my friend.

I'm pretty sure the UDS would have a lot larger capacity than my Cabelas smoker, which would be nice. The UDS don't look too difficult to make, but then again I'm no professional at building anything, really.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky