Hams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacdots

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ripley WV
Well here they are fresh out of the smoker after 23 hours,hope they taste as good as they look.While I was at it I smoked a deer ham for a friend.Next weekend bacons and country cured hams.
9d116454_vbattach10443.jpg

Attachments

• 9d116454_vbattach10443.jpg
    9d116454_vbattach10443.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 4
Mighty Good looking hames ya got there Dave.

I knew a gal that had hams that looked that good, her name was Sal. She made some might fine bacon too. Miss that ol' gal Sal-but I'm glad that I still don't have to feed her at 6:00 in the morning before catching the bus for school!
wink.gif

Very nice! Looks like you were cold smoking. What temperature did you smoke it at?

I did a couple hams this weekend but was cooking them to eat. Took about 14 hours at 225* to get them to 175* internal.

I put them in the smoker with no smoke at 120 deg for 8 hours with dampers wide open,then at 140 with smoke for 8 hours dampers half open,then at 165 with smoke for 8 hours dampers half open until internal temp hits 155 deg.This is a fully cooked ham.

dacdots thanks for explaining your process to me. I have not cooked ham like that and knew that you would have pulled pork cooking them that long the way I do it. I must repeat "Those hams sure look good!"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky