Hamburgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
So I am doing my first burgers. I am about 1/2 way done and i am wondering "do you flip them?" I do not really expect an answer on fourth of july but I think i will this time and see what other people do for the next time. thanks

I flip everything I smoke. The moisture "runs" from the heat so flipping them keeps it from drying out on the bottom side. Let us know how it turns out!

It's your smoke....do what feels right to you.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

I did flip them. Smoked them over apple till done. The white specks in the meat is crumbled blue cheese w/ just a little salt and pepper. The wife loves them. I do not think I will ever be able to grill a burger again. The brats were OK. The smoke did not get thru the casing very well. You will have to go to the pork section to see how my first fatty turned out. (hint: not very well)
95c58f42_vbattach13320.jpg

05fd204c_vbattach13318.jpg

I always fip my burgers half way through, if nothing else they get a nice finish to them when they are done. I pur shreeded cheese, bacon, and onion in mine.

fyi: these turned out so good we ended up buying 4 pounds of hamburger on sale and smoking them up and freezing them easy dinners.

We had some friends over Saturday and I did a couple beer-butt birds and some burgers, half of which I wrapped in bacon. They were delicious but since the burgers cook pretty quick (~1 hr) the bacon didt crisp up as well as I would have liked.

First thing I ever smoked on hickory was a burger. I put mine in the smoker side on the top shelf for about an hour at 225, then mark them good on the grill side [Oklahoma Joe tower smoker] over an open flame [1-2 minutes per side depending on how hot the fire is].

Sure do love the flavor of hickory smoke on a burger!

If you can eat it you can smoke it!

I like to flip every to get rid of the little blood pools or whatever those little brown globs are that sometimes form they look nasty. It also give me a chance to add rub where it feel off hitting the grates and just sprinkle on some fresh rub. IMHO the second rub sprinkle adds alot of flavor.

We can't do that. the jjuices (whoops, I stuttered) get served over the meat, and the grease goes in the beans.

Smokey burgers are one of our old faves. I like to put them on the shelf directly below a few skabs of render spares or some smoked sausage and let the pork fat baste them.

Those brats look like they could/ve used a little more smoke exposure. Mine usually end up about the same color as an Eckrich sausage. Nut now if you want to talk GOOOOOOOOOOOOOd, you should've been at the get together and had some of Shortone's cherry smoked Jvilles.

Tim

Any burger that has blue cheese on it or in it will have my undivided attention. And if ya want to put me over the top, just add a couple of stripes of bacon to it!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky