hamburger helpless

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
standing over the pit- kentucky
take your basic smoked(untopped sauce meatloaf) or
make a meatloaf(2lb)w/ lipton onion soup mix,fiesta fajita spice,& 1 can chix broth
mix w/ a box of shells & cheese or rotini pasta & 1/2 whole of velveeta(melted down w/ milk to thin) cheese
1/4 smoked onion
2 cloves(not whole bulbs) mashed smoked garlic cloves
( put garlic & onion in w/an evoo shake to boiling the pasta
mix it all up together & maybe layer(oven method)
oven or smoker until cheese is bubbly
stir it all up & quick fast meal.

Gypsy
I have never smoked an onion..... do tell more. Am I to assume do nothing special for pre-smoke prep and just smoke it?

Also, if I smoke up a few onions, how long will they keep in the fridge for future use?

Will have to try that, got asked by my dots tonite, "can you cook any thing on the stove thats not bbq sauce or tea" " every thing we eat comes of the smoker or grill", i really need to learn how to cook in the kitchen some time and the smoker won't fit where the stove is.

throw it on -when it's soft to the touch-more than the shell -about 3 hrs on300 & i soak in dark beer & evoo over night & a day... done. same w/garlic( the whole bulb)

3 hrs @ 225-250 same w/ a whole bulb or 2 of garlic- 250 or 225... soft to squeeze & "wilty". and asfer as "what to do on a stove" ... i was doing cooks long ,before, & besides, bbq. just name a meat or dish & i may have it or can find it...i ain't bragging. but i did restaurants & c ooking for a living & couldn't bbq everyday.... i do italian,mexican,southern,seafood(all kinds), thai... la ti da....

sorry- i smoke them 200-225 soaked w/ evoo,basil evoo or just spritz. theytake3-5 hrs...squeeze fer softness( 3 hrs @ 225- yellows) minimum
tjey last for a couple months w/ my smoked garlic in a ziploc for a couple months or until they're used- that usually comes first.
add that & the smoked garlic to seared brisket fat & smoked ham hocks & rotels to the pintos........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky