hamburger helpless

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gypsyseagod, Sep 24, 2007.

1. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

take your basic smoked(untopped sauce meatloaf) or
    make a meatloaf(2lb)w/ lipton onion soup mix,fiesta fajita spice,& 1 can chix broth
    mix w/ a box of shells & cheese or rotini pasta & 1/2 whole of velveeta(melted down w/ milk to thin) cheese
    1/4 smoked onion
    2 cloves(not whole bulbs) mashed smoked garlic cloves
    ( put garlic & onion in w/an evoo shake to boiling the pasta
    mix it all up together & maybe layer(oven method)
    oven or smoker until cheese is bubbly
    stir it all up & quick fast meal.

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Gypsy
    I have never smoked an onion..... do tell more. Am I to assume do nothing special for pre-smoke prep and just smoke it?

Also, if I smoke up a few onions, how long will they keep in the fridge for future use?

3. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Will have to try that, got asked by my dots tonite, "can you cook any thing on the stove thats not bbq sauce or tea" " every thing we eat comes of the smoker or grill", i really need to learn how to cook in the kitchen some time and the smoker won't fit where the stove is.

4. gypsyseagod

throw it on -when it's soft to the touch-more than the shell -about 3 hrs on300 & i soak in dark beer & evoo over night & a day... done. same w/garlic( the whole bulb)

5. gypsyseagod

3 hrs @ 225-250 same w/ a whole bulb or 2 of garlic- 250 or 225... soft to squeeze & "wilty". and asfer as "what to do on a stove" ... i was doing cooks long ,before, & besides, bbq. just name a meat or dish & i may have it or can find it...i ain't bragging. but i did restaurants & c ooking for a living & couldn't bbq everyday.... i do italian,mexican,southern,seafood(all kinds), thai... la ti da....

6. gypsyseagod

sorry- i smoke them 200-225 soaked w/ evoo,basil evoo or just spritz. theytake3-5 hrs...squeeze fer softness( 3 hrs @ 225- yellows) minimum
    tjey last for a couple months w/ my smoked garlic in a ziploc for a couple months or until they're used- that usually comes first.
    add that & the smoked garlic to seared brisket fat & smoked ham hocks & rotels to the pintos........