Ham STL spares and mojo jerk hamribtips [+Loaded MojoJerk-Schmaltz-browned Hassleback Potatoes melted/finished on the smoker]

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021
Really still figuring out cured ribs.. First pic is after the damn unfoiling!!

FTC'd for a half hour even though I knew they weren't done after 3:2:1, didnt bother unwrapping so threw back in the oven at 225 still wrapped in parchment then foil. After about 30-45 to hopefully bring them back to temp, flipped and cranked oven up to 345*F, little finishing sauce and flipped after ~30min, sauced the top n about 15 more min. Was starving at that point so started pulling out bones minutes later. decent dandelion ribs- you can pick them up but dont breathe too hard on them. lol. can see the sauce started seeping through the cracks as the meat pulled back during the finish. tips smoked for ~4hrs, diced and finished in the oven at 345*F with the sauce.

Mojo Jerk schmaltz was just the chicken skins from a ~6lb pack of thighs and leftover (mojo/jerk)marinade from Thursday's smoke, and just skimmed the fat after cooling. Cooked down some of the rest to make a tiger-esque hot sauce, but used the bulk of that leftover marinade as the liquid i simmered brats in last night, took em out to broil and threw some cabbage and potatoes in to get my vitamins. those were real good too, made mojo-jerk monte cristo kinda sandos with some of that tiger sauce and hot strawberry jam.

Attachments

• hamribs1 - Copy.jpg
    hamribs1 - Copy.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 25
  • hamribs2 - Copy.jpg
    hamribs2 - Copy.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 26
  • hamribs3 - Copy.jpg
    hamribs3 - Copy.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 73
  • hamtips - Copy.jpg
    hamtips - Copy.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 27
  • hasslebacks1 - Copy.jpg
    hasslebacks1 - Copy.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 25
  • jerkhasslebaks - Copy.jpg
    jerkhasslebaks - Copy.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 26
  • loaded hasslebacks - Copy.jpg
    loaded hasslebacks - Copy.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks! I do too, hard to turn back to a regular baked potato after one of these. loaded dont make much difference IMO (though im sure it could be, if you were really building flavor through the "bloom"). They look fancy, though, and that was honestly a trial for a side on valentine's day. if im going for pretty plates, definitely need to thin out that cheese dip quite a bit more.. had to pick up some velveeta yesterday to try to fix that. (+a couple more pork shoulders at 99c/lb :D)

definitely still getting used to my new chargriller smokin champ, too- that first pic was after unfoiling.. never a good feelin finding out dinners gonna be a couple hours late

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky