ham sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobk257

Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
union nj
good morning to all
was pretty tough up this area yesterday with the snowstorm that hit.
about 14 inches in the area--was going to be a tough day for smoking
put on 2 -4 lb corned beef to make some pastrami and decided to try a little experiment.
the wife saw something on one of the home shopping stations and she wanted to try it---paula deen smithfield ham sausage
let me tell you--i rolled 2 of those bad boys in paprika and threw them on with the pastrami--used cherry chunks along
with the coals---then went to clearing snow from yard and driveway
2 hrs later i took them off while the pastrami smoked away---let me tell you--these were so incredible--after they cooled a bit
i sliced them and put them on some crackers with some habanero cheddar---they have an awesome smoked ham taste--this
is going to be a new go to from now on
oh--by the way--the pastrami came out ok--just a little salty--didnt soak enough but were really tasty
have a great day out there

Sounds good but are you sure there aren't any pictures?
biggrin.gif

Hi Bassman

Unfortunately no pics for this smoke--will be doing a few this coming weekend and will post photos

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky