Ham Rub???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abenson36

Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
South Bend Indiana(GO IRISH)
Im gonna try my first ham today, what rub should I use, and what temp should i smoke the ham at????
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

have to be careful rubbing a ham mainly because they are already notoriously salty from enhancement.. i usually use a salt free rub[ commercial or homemade]. as far as temps go i try to keep my unit at around 225 to 250 on everthing i smoke.....

Yellow mustard, mixed with a few teaspoons of maple syrup and brown sugar for a slather is good.

I don't rub my hams (unless you consider the above a rub). Some people like cloves (I don't).

Pineapple juice and brandy a for spray.

Yummmmy

How often should I spray the ham?? I love the Maple syrup and brown sugar idea, we make maple syrup at my work in the spring and I have been looking forward to using it in a recipe.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky