Hailing from cajun country

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoke88

Original poster
Feb 8, 2016
Carencro, Louisiana
Hey everyone,

Chris from Lafayette Louisiana here. Been smoking a little bit for a couple years but getting more serious now with custom built smoke house and new techniques. Ive only ever hot smoked / BBQed so I'm really looking forward to learning more from the vets and getting some new flavors going.

Cheers!

texas.gif
  Good afternoonand welcome to the forum, from a nice sunny and warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome to SMF!

Got any photo's of that smokehouse?

Al
Sure do. It's a small one. 2' x 2' x 4' tall. Just using my ole smokey as a smoke box until i finish the one I'm making out of an old tank.

Currently have a small batch of jerky going...smelling good too!!

Yeppers, nice smoker. Nice to meet ya, and welcome to the site.

When ya get a free minute please click on the "MyProfile" icon on the above task bar. Fill in as much or as vague as you feel necessary. But please give a location. Most probably won't see your into and know where you are from. Me, Well my memory ain't what it used to be either. By listing your loacal it helps with discussions and questions. I would automatically see that you already knew how to catch crawfish and not waste time trying to explain. or maybe it would be the use of pecan wood that we all like so much here and else where they don't have acess to. etc.. that type thing.

Again, nice to meet ya and looking forward to enjoy seeing some of your smoking accomplishments!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky