Had a knife custom made; Damascus burl scales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shmitty

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Northern Missouri
First a little back story. I found a local guy who finishes knives out of blanks and ordered a Santoku blade off him which I really liked, I finished off the smoking season using it last year and decided I wanted something of a hybrid; called him up and we came up with a design. I wanted it to have the weight and use of cleaver but also wanted  to be able to trim butts and brisket. I'm really pleased with how it turned out! I can't get a razor edge on it yet (think it's my sharpening equipment) but it seems to hold really well and is plenty sharp for trimming! The brisket was from a couple of days prior just there for a prop. 

Last edited:

I love this thing so much I took a video to share with ya'll there's information on the youtube page where to purchase one this one with the handle cost me 300.00 I think he might charge 350.00 now. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky