Habanero's on Steroids and Another Rib Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have never seen such big Habanero's in my life! Getting ready to make more of my pecans. Doing a sugar free for me and a regular to give away.

20220120_115516.jpg

I could not help myself. I have a bunch of Ribeye's in the freezer and bought this 5 pounder. I was hoping to cut three steaks but the way the bone running think can only get 2 unless I take off the bone?

20220120_115614.jpg
20220120_115703.jpg

Brian, those definitely appear to be larger than any habaneros I've ever seen. As for the rib roast, the only way you'll get 3 steaks the same thickness will be to remove the bone unless you have a band saw. Or you can cut between the bones and have 2 very thick steaks...

Brian, those definitely appear to be larger than any habaneros I've ever seen. As for the rib roast, the only way you'll get 3 steaks the same thickness will be to remove the bone unless you have a band saw. Or you can cut between the bones and have 2 very thick steaks...
I might give removing the bone a shot. Can't be that hard. Should be able to get some 1.5" steaks like that.

I might give removing the bone a shot. Can't be that hard. Should be able to get some 1.5" steaks like that.
Easy, peasy. Just take a long, sharp knife such as the Enowo you bought a while back and cut down along the bones angling slightly towards them. You will take them both off together in one piece. Start at the tail end (the small end) and cut towards the back end (the big end)...

Reactions: Smoking Allowed
Looks like I'm a bit late Brian. You made some nice steaks though. Those 4 bones you're seeing, only 2 of those are the actual rib bones. The other 2 are the chine bones. They are really small and can be easily cut out. I deal with those on every 103 sub primal rib section I get. Still though, if you'd have left the bones in tact, you'd have only gotten 2 steaks so you accomplished your mission.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky