• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Habanero's on Steroids and Another Rib Roast

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I have never seen such big Habanero's in my life! Getting ready to make more of my pecans. Doing a sugar free for me and a regular to give away.

20220120_115516.jpg

I could not help myself. I have a bunch of Ribeye's in the freezer and bought this 5 pounder. I was hoping to cut three steaks but the way the bone running think can only get 2 unless I take off the bone?

20220120_115614.jpg
20220120_115703.jpg

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Brian, those definitely appear to be larger than any habaneros I've ever seen. As for the rib roast, the only way you'll get 3 steaks the same thickness will be to remove the bone unless you have a band saw. Or you can cut between the bones and have 2 very thick steaks...

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Brian, those definitely appear to be larger than any habaneros I've ever seen. As for the rib roast, the only way you'll get 3 steaks the same thickness will be to remove the bone unless you have a band saw. Or you can cut between the bones and have 2 very thick steaks...
I might give removing the bone a shot. Can't be that hard. Should be able to get some 1.5" steaks like that.

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 19, 2018
I might give removing the bone a shot. Can't be that hard. Should be able to get some 1.5" steaks like that.
Easy, peasy. Just take a long, sharp knife such as the Enowo you bought a while back and cut down along the bones angling slightly towards them. You will take them both off together in one piece. Start at the tail end (the small end) and cut towards the back end (the big end)...

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
The last few years the habs I've grown have been huge.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.