Habaneroman- Smokin it HOT!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

habaneroman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Omaha, NE
Hello all you smokers out there!

I am a newbie to the Smoking world.... I have been a Propane Grill(sorry, I was young and didn't know any better) for 15 years now, and just recently purchased my first smoker.
The Brinkmann Gourmet..... Nice little unit I picked up at Lowe's for only $37.

Since November 07, I have smoked 6 turkeys, 20 or so Chickens, and several Little Fatties! This is soooo much fun, better than any Propane could ever be! My favorite wood to use is Cherry... sweet and mellow!

So, tell me what you like to smoke.... ideas.....recipies for newbies....

Thanks,
David
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Welcome to the forum, David
wink.gif
. Keith

Dave there's nothing wrong with grilling, I grill all the time. There's nothing better then a really good GRILLED steak. Smoking is just another aspect of how to prepare meat. (I hope that was the right word). I must admit I do a lot more smoking then I do grilling right now. Welcome to the SMF and you won't be sorry you came.

Habaneroman is a quick study. The Turkey he brought into work recently was fantastic!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Glad to have you here with us. Thare are some of the best folks on this site you can meet. Have a question just ask and someone will get back to you.

Hey Haban...........i am the middle of doing a mod to my gourmet, and i am talking step by step pics of it, and will post here.........its a bottom mod, that will help with controling temps........

Welcome...and go find a good big butt! Get an 8 lb'er min and pig out on pulled. Easy to do and good experience. Then...someday soon...The BRISKET!

Welcome aboard, there is soooo many nice, friendly and helpful people here. Ask away, and some one will have a great response. Enjoy it.

I am fairly new here myself but I am smoking with a propane unit...I know, not the same as briquettes but I have to say I am impressed with the unit so far, does an excellent job of smoking. This summer I plan to expand my horizons and buy a ECB and play with charcoal a little bit.

Thank you for the "PROPS" Invader Q..... I must admit.... it is all your fault I got involved in this ordeal!

Welcome aboard......This site will only make you want to smoke more and more. I sit at work reading the forums and try to figure out my next move. Too many choices and they all sound great. For starters, try Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans.....by far the best I have ever had. Oh yea !!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky