Ground Turkey Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 17, 2006
West Virginia
I've been wanting a smoked meatloaf for a while. We have been using a lot of ground turkey lately so I decided to substitute it for ground beef in my favorite meatloaf recipe. After mixing it up, I formed the loaf on my pizza grilling pan. I made up the Cooking Sauce and since the meatloaf was not in a dish I injected it into numerous places around the loaf. I smoked it with cherry wood at 250-275 degrees until the internal temperature reached 170 degrees. Total cooking time was only 1 hour 25 minutes. Wow! The meatloaf was nice and moist with a nice smoke ring. The cherry smoke really went well with the turkey. This is my favorite meatloaf recipe.
WVSmokeMan's Favorite Meatloaf
2 lb ground beef 2 slices bread, crumbled
1 finely chopped onion 1 whole egg
1 1/2 Tsp. salt 1/2 Tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. chopped green peppers
Combine all ingredients together and make into a loaf.
Cooking Sauce
1/2 cup water 2 Tbsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. brown sugar 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce 1/4 cup ketchup
Mix all cooking sauce ingredients together and pour over loaf. Bake at 350 degrees F for 75 minutes, basting occasionally. Remove loaf from pan immediately before the sauce cools around it.

Here is the Q-View
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

b30b5485_vbattach13025.jpg

WV -

I never made meatloaf out of Turkey burger. I threatened to grind up some turkeys a while back but never did. I'll have to give it a shot. Looks tasty! Recipe looks good to! Thanks for posting!

Excellent substitution with the turkey. I truly enjoy turkey burgers. Bet its great with all the extra goodies incorporated. Thanks for the tip and the recipe.

You've just inspired me ... I have a recipe for 'turkey chipotle chile' that would be great in the smoker.

Anyone interested in the recipe ... just let me know!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky