Ground brisket burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
This was the last of my ground brisket . Have one more in the freezer . I'll go in the morning to see if I can find one at a good price / less than ground beef . If not I'll thaw the one I have ,
Used a Weber Road house burger seasoning on these . Good flavor , also worked as a binder . Gets mixed in with the meat . Used lump on the performer .
Came out pretty good .
Seasoning mixed in , 4 burgers from 1 1/2 pounds of ground brisket .
20200628_181051.jpg
Kettle fired up with some lump charcoal
20200628_183813.jpg
On the hot side
20200628_183848.jpg
And the flip ,
20200628_184113.jpg
Moved off the coals ,
20200628_184308.jpg
Added some thick cut bacon
20200628_184501.jpg
And some Swiss cheese
20200628_184618.jpg
Slice of onion on a toasted potato bun , then the burger
20200628_184858.jpg 20200628_184913.jpg
My Son made a sauce of Dukes mayo and country Bob's BBQ sauce .
20200628_184947.jpg
Added lettuce and a dill pickle . Some McCain's seasoned fries in the 360 .
20200628_185205.jpg
Good meal . A bit past for my taste . Pulled at 140 .
Still good . The sauce is really good , and I like the cold crunch from the lettuce and the onion .

I believe there's something about forming the burger by hand and not compressing the meat that really adds to the flavor, those burgers look perfect to me, Like! That's the only thing I think is a drawback to making 20-30 pounds of burger at a time is having to form them all on the press, but it need to be done when you've got that much to process at once. Beautiful job Rich, bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a beer= pure heaven to me. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Good looking burgers Chop. Cooked perfectly.

Point for sure
Chris

Brisket burgers are one of my favorites too, or a 50:50 mix of brisket and chuck.... but now chuck is really getting expensive. On occasion I'll pickup some ground domestic wagyu, but like you showed the best approach is grilling. For me, brisket and wagyu splatter too much to cook indoors

I believe there's something about forming the burger by hand and not compressing the meat that really adds to the flavor, those burgers look perfect to me, Like! That's the only thing I think is a drawback to making 20-30 pounds of burger at a time is having to form them all on the press, but it need to be done when you've got that much to process at once. Beautiful job Rich, bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a beer= pure heaven to me. RAY
I don't make 20# of patties at once but I've pretty much mothballed my burger press. I now use a plastic lid, like from a throwaway container. My favorite is one from the big jar of Planters Peanuts. Imagine this.... layout a sheet of wax paper about 14" long and place 1/4 to 1/3 pound portion of burger on one half of the paper. Fold the paper over the burger and press down with the lid. I use burger sheets inside the wax paper for larger numbers I freeze. Since the forming pressure is so light the pattie lifts right off the paper. I do replace the wax paper after about 20 burgers. The clean-up is easy.

I love that Final Plate, minus the raw onion.
Looks Awesome, Rich!!
Almost snuck another one by Me Too!!!!
Like.

Bear

Those burgers look great man! Ground brisket is some of my favorite. I like doing them on the flat top. Since they have a higher fat ratio they just melt in your mouth off that thing. Like Ray said hard to be a burger, fries, and a cold beer.

How do you go wrong with a plate like that!? Those brisket burgers look awesome!

Very nicely done Chop!

I'll take two please! Those look awesome.
Thanks Dave .

burgers look perfect to me,
Home ground cooks so much better than store bought . Like you said hand pressed makes
a difference too . Thanks for the comment Ray .

Good looking burgers Chop. Cooked perfectly.
Thanks Chris . Had to make sure there was no pink in these . Kids had a " bad " burger ( raw in the middle ) at their Aunt's the other day .

Brisket burgers are one of my favorites too,
Yep . Took me awhile to start doing it . Used the trim from one I smoked , and I was hooked .
I use it for all my ground beef now . Had brisket meatballs last week .
Thanks for the comment .

Nice burgers. Brisket at Wallyworld was $5 lb now.
Thanks Warren . It's the same here , and all the briskets were 16 pounds or up .
Chicken was back to normal , so spent the same amount and got more .

Nice burgers
Thanks Jake .

That's a good looking burger!
Thank you Jim .

I love that Final Plate, minus the raw onion.
Looks Awesome, Rich!!
LOL . I almost added a disclaimer to that pic . That's a pretty thin slice . I like to grate the onion and add that in the meat with the juice .
Thanks for the comment John .
Almost snuck another one by Me Too!!!!
Check that trip wire .

Those burgers look great man!
Thank you Vol .

I like doing them on the flat top.
Me too . Two thin patties from the flat top . Good stuff .

How do you go wrong with a plate like that!? Those brisket burgers look awesome!

Very nicely done Chop!
Thank you sir . Appreciate the comment .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky