Gripsticks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 16, 2016
Creswell OR
I am sure most households use a lot of disposable zippered bags after a food package item has been opened. Anything from a bag of lettuce, to a package of cheese, this is a common household need to keep things fresh in your cupboard or refrigerator. Even if you use a vacuum sealer, there is limited use of re-sealing the bag every time, unless you buy the zippered vacuum bags which are not exactly cost effective.

Behold the Gripstic!
A gripstick is a re-usable plastic sealing rod for re-sealing most any plastic bag. It's nothing like a chip-clip or similar. You fold your bag over and slide the dowel in the slot under the fold and the c-channel shape over the top of your bag and bam! Your bag is sealed. Works with about any bag, and is faster and less frustrating than using a zippered bag. I vac-seal a lot. And once I have cut the seal off to open a package, it stays in the package and not placed in another ziplock bag for re-use. A gripstick goes on for storage and re-use.

You can find the name-brand Amazon, and there are other cheaper off-brands as well. But let me tell you something... For such a simple item, this is one gadget that has won me over for both simplicity and cost savings that works I felt deserved sharing with my BBQ brethren! If you aren't familiar with them, let this serve as your call to attention. Check 'em out.

Reactions: shoebe and bdskelly
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky