Grilled Steaks with Portabella butter wine sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Florida
I wasnt planning on making a post out of this but holy cow it was sooooo good i couldnt resist!! I like me some 3.50$ a lb Top Sirloin steaks!! I think they are way better than a ribeye anyday. This steak made love to my mouth!!! (IN A NON GAY WAY OF COURSE)
banana_smiley.gif
Sorry for the cell pics I should have gotten the good camera out for this and oops we had bakes potaters with it, didnt get a pic of those but youve seen a baked tater.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbqfriend
Looks great there Pande !

Finally found one I can't agree with you on.

No steak beats a Ribeye or it's bone-in "Prime Rib" brother , not even the fat deprived fillet mignon.  

Bear

i have just recently started messing with mushroom sauce to put on steaks and this time i used corn starch to thickin it, i used butter, cherri cooking wine some red wine vinegar, dales, garlic powder salt and pepper and just put in what seems right and kept trying it while simmering.

Last edited:
Looks great there Pande !

Finally found one I can't agree with you on.

No steak beats a Ribeye or it's bone-in "Prime Rib" brother , not even the fat deprived fillet mignon.  

Bear
Who are you kiddin Bear, your always breakin my balls lol, Ribeyes just aint all that!!!
icon_wink.gif
i mean for the price it cant be beat!! Of course i would rather have a Porterhouse!!

Last edited:
Who are you kiddin Bear, your always breakin my balls lol, Ribeyes just aint all that!!!
icon_wink.gif
i mean for the price it cant be beat!! Of course i would rather have a Porterhouse!!

LOL----"Breakin' 'em" & disagreeing are two different things. I like me a Porterhouse too. I made one years ago I doubt it would have fit in my MES 30! 
eek.gif

It hung over all sides of my plate! And Bears don't BS !

My bad, I missed the part about "for the price".

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Ok then Bear I have your back big guy. I also vote for the Ribeye/Prime Rib. You can't beat THAT steak with a football bat. Now for you Gary, I do like the topping and I bet it is good but.........When it comes to steak I think all that is needed is some salt and pepper. You did a great job on yours and the grill marks are excellent.

LOL----"Breakin' 'em" & disagreeing are two different things. I like me a Porterhouse too. I made one years ago I doubt it would have fit in my MES 30! 
eek.gif

It hung over all sides of my plate! And Bears don't BS !

My bad, I missed the part about "for the price".

Bear

haha i edited that in after your comment

icon_cool.gif

Ok then Bear I have your back big guy. I also vote for the Ribeye/Prime Rib. You can't beat THAT steak with a football bat. Now for you Gary, I do like the topping and I bet it is good but.........When it comes to steak I think all that is needed is some salt and pepper. You did a great job on yours and the grill marks are excellent.
I agree very much Mark on just salt and pepper and plain old steak but im just trying new stuff is all and it was good.

I still think ribeyes are better, but top sirloin is still delicious. Looks like you did a great job with that steak.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
When are we gonna try some using the griddle?

I still think ribeyes are better, but top sirloin is still delicious. Looks like you did a great job with that steak.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
When are we gonna try some using the griddle?
i did some the night before on the griddle and i wasnt too impressed, maybe the gravy would have helped?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky