1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Grilled Steaks with Portabella butter wine sauce

Discussion in 'Grilling Beef' started by pandemonium, Oct 17, 2010.

1. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

I wasnt planning on making a post out of this but holy cow it was sooooo good i couldnt resist!! I like me some 3.50$ a lb Top Sirloin steaks!! I think they are way better than a ribeye anyday. This steak made love to my mouth!!! (IN A NON GAY WAY OF COURSE)[​IMG] Sorry for the cell pics I should have gotten the good camera out for this and oops we had bakes potaters with it, didnt get a pic of those but youve seen a baked tater.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    bbqfriend likes this.
  2. pandemonium

ooo

3. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Looks good Gary. I love any kind of mushroom gravy

4. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That looks wonderful. I made steaks on the grill lastnight that were really good but I didn't have that nice mushroom sauce like you. I should try making that some time. 

5. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks great there Pande !

Finally found one I can't agree with you on.

No steak beats a Ribeye or it's bone-in "Prime Rib" brother , not even the fat deprived fillet mignon.  

Bear

6. pandemonium

i have just recently started messing with mushroom sauce to put on steaks and this time i used corn starch to thickin it, i used butter, cherri cooking wine some red wine vinegar, dales, garlic powder salt and pepper and just put in what seems right and kept trying it while simmering.

7. pandemonium

Who are you kiddin Bear, your always breakin my balls lol, Ribeyes just aint all that!!![​IMG] i mean for the price it cant be beat!! Of course i would rather have a Porterhouse!!

8. Bearcarver

LOL----"Breakin' 'em" & disagreeing are two different things. I like me a Porterhouse too. I made one years ago I doubt it would have fit in my MES 30[​IMG]

It hung over all sides of my plate! And Bears don't BS !

My bad, I missed the part about "for the price".

Bear

9. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Ok then Bear I have your back big guy. I also vote for the Ribeye/Prime Rib. You can't beat THAT steak with a football bat. Now for you Gary, I do like the topping and I bet it is good but.........When it comes to steak I think all that is needed is some salt and pepper. You did a great job on yours and the grill marks are excellent.

10. pandemonium

haha i edited that in after your comment

11. pandemonium

I agree very much Mark on just salt and pepper and plain old steak but im just trying new stuff is all and it was good.

12. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Looks Great Gary...[​IMG]

13. Thats wierd, I made pretty much the same thing last night. I love red wine sauce, or white wine sauce for that matter. Looks good buddy!

14. bbqfriend

bbqfriend Newbie

I still think ribeyes are better, but top sirloin is still delicious. Looks like you did a great job with that steak.[​IMG]When are we gonna try some using the griddle?

15. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

I'd hit that but change mine to a miller.

16. pandemonium

i did some the night before on the griddle and i wasnt too impressed, maybe the gravy would have helped?

17. Bearcarver

[​IMG]