Greettings!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin sid

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Hello

I am a newbie to doing my own meat smoking.When I was a kid back in the 60"s early 70's. My dad would make salami after a good hunting season.He would hand me a leg

and a rather dull knife and give me the task of removing what ever meat was left on the bone.

I think that is what started it all! The salami was really good by the way.

I enjoy cooking for my friends and family and was bit by the smoking bug after reading about the Masterbuilt smoker in a magazine.

My hobbies are woodcarving,riding on my 7 1/2" gauge replica of a Fairmont track speeder,

and firing a 1889 0-4-0 narrow gauge HK Porter steam locomotive and spending time with my

little bunny "Harley".

I live in Butte County, California and I am looking forward to meeting fellow meat smokers at a future gatherings.

I am currently still researching  Masterbuilt smokers before I purchase one

and I am collecting various tools and supplies to get started.I can't wait!

Smokin Sid

Welcome Sid.  Nice to see you joining the forum and the NorCal group as well.  I live in the SF Bay Area (Redwood City), but I spent my college days at Chico State.  So, I know Butte County from that perspective.  I smoke with a Char-Griller Pro (CGP) with Side Fire Box (SFB).  I don't get to smoke as often as I'd like, but I'm a little over a year of doing it myself.  Trust me when I say that you will find an immense level and amount of knowledge, advice, coaching, recipes, etc from the members of this forum.  You've come to the right place.  When you post about your smokes, please make sure the include pics (they are called Q-View on this site).  I look forward to seeing some great Q-View from you in the future.

Happy Smoking.   KGB aka Kevin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky